Kaliningrad / Königsberg, Kaliningrad Oblast Russia
[Evangelical Lutheran] The church, the oldest building in Kaliningrad and one of the oldest in East Prussia, was built in 1286 and dedicated to Saint Judith. The 16th century tower was originally free standing. After World War II and the expulsion of German citizens, the church fell into ruin. First the roof, then the tower, and finally the walls collapsed. In the 1980s the formerly Lutheran ruin was given to the Orthodox parish. Restoration took just six months and the first service was held in 1986. It is now the cathedral for the Kaliningrad diocese and the primary church for St. Nicholas convent.