Biserica Sfântul Nicoara

Budesti Josani (Lower) Romania

Romanian Orthodox

Built in 1643, the church is one of eight in the Maramures region that is on the UNESCO World Heritage list. It is famous for a coat of mail and a flag belonging to two 18th century freedom fighters against the Austrian Habsburgs. Nicoara is the old Romanian word for Nicholas.

More photos and information