Annunciation to the Theotokos/—St. Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Orthodox Church in America - Canada

Church Website

A group of Russians founded St Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church in 1956. In 1987 the church merged with the Orthodox Mission begun in 1980 to provide worship in English. Today’s parishioners come from a variety of backgrounds, including, Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Greek, and Ukrainian. The common language of worship is English, with some Slavonic and Greek.

The Cathedral, which has relics and a wonder-working icon of St. Nicholas, is the seat of the ruling bishop of the Archdiocese of Canada—the largest geographic Orthodox diocese in the world.