Chiesa di San Nicola dei Greci

Altamura, Apulia Italy

[Bysantine rite] Roman Catholic

The church, built in the 1232, to serve Greeks fleeing iconoclastic persecution. The church was modified and restored in 1575. The Greek rite began to shift and was replaced by the Latin in 1602. There is a large statue of Saint Nicholas and frescoes with scenes of his life. It no longer serves a parish and has only occasional services.