Church of St. Nicholas

Grgeteg Monastery Serbia

Serbian Orthodox

Tradition has the monastery founded in 1471, though it is reliably dated from 1545-46. After being deserted, it was renovated in 1708. The original stone church was replaced around 1770 with a baroque building that was renovated around 1900. Badly damaged during World War II, the complex has been gradually reconstructed since 1953.