Serbian OrthodoxLocated at the foot of St Nikola’s hill, this church was first built at the beginning of the 17th century. Its history has paralleled the changing political situation in Niš. Destroyed by the Turks in 1690, it was rebuilt in 1722. In 1737, again under control of the Turks, it was turned into a mosque. Following Serbian liberation it was adapted to serve as an Orthodox church with iconosatasis and icons painted by Ilija Dimitrijevic. The bell tower was added in 1926.