Church of St. Nicholas—Sveti Nicola

Pristina Kosovo

Serbian Orthodox

The church was built before 1850. The parish home and church were attacked repeatedly after the end of 2002. Stoning in May, June and July, 2003, damaged the entrance and broke windows. Built in 1830 on the grounds of the Old Serbian Monastery of St. Nicholas, the church was the only functioning Serbian Orthodox church left in Kosovo's captial, Pristina, until mob riots burned it out in March 2004. The priest had provided Holy Liturgy for the 200 Serbs remaining in Pristina. After restoration, funded by the European Union, services resumed in 2010.