Russian OrthodoxThe church was built in 1879-1880. It is also known as “Piplan Zham,” the Shimmering Chapel. The church is located in a Christian cemetery, now a Russian military cemetery, named the “Hill of Honor” in 1853. The cemetery was destroyed during the Soviet period. It has been completely renovated and restored in 2011. A replica of a statue in Kars commemorating the defeat of the Turks, during the Russian-Turkish war, has been put in front of the church. The church is presently the only St. Nicholas church in Armenia.