St. Nikola Parish Church

Cavtat Croatia

Roman Catholic

The church was originally built in 1484. It was upgraded in 1737 and the bell tower dedicated in 1835. It was again remodeled and expanded in 1996-97. The parish serves the villages of Cavtat, Mecajac, Obod, Poluganje and Zvekovica. The church contains a picture gallery, founded in 1952, with many valuable artistic works including a 15th century icon of St. Nicolas.