St. Nicholas Cathedral

Berdychiv Ukraine

Ukrainian Orthodox

The Baroque cathedral was built in 1908, though its history dates back to the mid-1600s. It was originally Greek Catholic until 1794 when it became Orthodox. It was renovated from 1921 to 1937. Soviet authorities closed the church in 1938 and used it as a granary. Worship resumed in 1942 and cathedral status was granted in 1996. The domes were gilded in 2013.