Eglise Saint-Nicolas

Leers-et-Fosteau, Wallonia Belgium

Roman Catholic

The parish, dedicated to St. Nicolas, was created in 1803. After 1844, the owner of castle Fosteau became a Protestant and brought a number of people along with him. The church was opened in 1850. After the Marquis' death in 1854, his heir led the village back to Catholicism. In 1856 the church became a Roman Catholic parish, replacing the old, frail chapel. The church was enlarged in 1866.