Nikolskoe / Nikolskoye, Bering Island
Komandorski Archipelago, Kamchatka Krai Russia
Russian OrthodoxThe first church, dedicated to Saints Nicholas and Innocent of Irkutsk, the Enlightener of Siberia, was built in 1799 by the Russian-American Company. The second building was dedicated in the 1890s and closed after the October Revolution. It was then used as a local club, then a hostel. The building burned down in 1983. A new church was dedicated in 2012. it was built in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatski, dismantled, shipped to the island and reassembled. It is the furthest Eastern church in Russia.