[Church of St. Nicholas]—Skógakirkja

Skógar Iceland

[Roman Catholic]

The first church in Skógar was built around 1100 and dedicated to St. Nicholas. Following the Reformation of 1550, the church declined. The last church, from the mid-1800s, was demolished in 1890. The present church, in the museum site, was built in 1998 as a typical mid-1800s Icelandic church, and contains windows, furnishings, bells, and more from other church buildings. It is non-denominational and is used for various religious services.