Kostol sv. Mikuláša—Szent Miklósnak Temploma

Lúčky / Jánosrét Slovakia

Roman Catholic

The church was built in 1478 in Gothic style, though not completed until 1540. During the 16th and 17th centuries it was Protestant and returned to the Roman Catholic Church in 1708. It was later rebuilt in Baroque style and then dedicated to St. Nicholas. The three late-Gothic altars (the Altar of Saint Nicholas of Bari, the Altar of the Virgin Mary and Saint Dorothy, and the Altar of the Passion) were sold in 1896 in celebration of the millennium of the Kingdom of Hungary and are all now in the Hungarian National Gallery, Budapest. The church was reconstructed in 1912