Bagnoregio, Lazio Italy
The cathedral dates back to AD 440; it was modernized, reopened, and dedicated to St. Nicholas in 1606. Following the devastating earthquake in 1695 the church of San Donato was transferred to the cathedral; following restoration and expansion it was consecrated to both saints. The next most significant restoration and embellishment in 1779 added San Bonavantura to its dedication. The cathedral has relics of St. Bonaventure.