Filialkirche St. Nikola

Obernberg am Inn Austria

Roman Catholic

The small church in the Vormarkt ufer was built in the mid-15th century. A bad fire in 1634 destroyed much of the church and surrounding settlement. The altar piece dates from 1665. The church was a sanctuary for the salt shipmen, who provided for the church. It fell into decay as trains gained ground over rafting and shipping. Restoration took place in the 1950s. It is under the care of the parish church in Obernberg am Inn and is now a cultural site and holds services for church festivals and St. Nicholas.