St. Nicholas Parish

Jacobs Creek, Pennsylvania USA

American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox

This Orthodox church was established in 1911, with the purchase of an unused Protestant building. The church was dedicated to St. Nicholas in gratitude for the 1907 miracle at Darr Mine. A new brick building was constructed by the men of the church in 1960. A fire in 2001 badly damaged the interior and bsement, but spared the altar. The men again rebuilt the church.

More information on the Darr Mine disaster