Filialkirche St. Nikolaus—Römerkirche

Aurachkirchen (Ohlsdorf) Austria

Roman Catholic

The church, located along an old Roman road, was probably built around 1140. Many furnishings are from the 15th century and the altar is from the 1600s. The bell in the tower is from around 1280 and is one of the oldest bells in Central Europe (having escaped being melted down in times of war). The church, one of the best preserved Romanesque village churches in Austria, was restored in 1968.

Photo and information