Borghetto dei Pescatori (Lido di Ostia), Lazio Italy
Fishermen settled in the area in 1890 and the church was dedicated to St. Nicholas, the patron saint of fishermen. The marble statue from Trani was a gift to the fishermen who settled this area of the canal. In 1931 the waterfront was redeveloped, demolishing the wooden fishermen's cottages and the statue was moved. Intervention by Margherita Sarfatti led to the building of some new housing for the fishermen. The chapel is part of the Parrocchia San Nicola di Bari in the Lido di Ostia.