Chiesa di San Nicoló al Porto

Rimini, Emilia-Romagna Italy

Roman Catholic

The church has had a relic of Saint Nicholas since the 13th century. During World War II the church was completely destroyed, but not the chapel of the Celestine Fathers that housed the relic. The church was rebuilt in 1955. On May 9, 2007, the relic was installed in a chapel dedicated to the veneration of the St. Nicholas relic in the church proper. Representatives of the Romanian Greek-Catholic Rite and Orthodox faithful also took part.