Tipova Horodiste Moldova
Eastern OrthodoxThe monastery, one of the oldest in Moldova, contains three monastic complexes. The second, with St. Nicolae Church, was dug into the rock in the 14th and 15th centuries. The hermitage was given to Dobrovat Monastery in 1776; it was destroyed in 1842 and the land given to Capriana Monastery and the hermitage to Saharna Monastery. It became independent in 1919. In 1949 the monastery was closed, the church used to store tobacco, and the heritage demolished. Tipova Monastery was reestablished in 1994. However, only the Assumption of the Virgin church was restored.