Dobrusa St. Nicholas Monastery
near Solanesti Moldova
The monastery, a friary, may have been founded in 1772. The St. Nicholas Church was added in 1923. The monastery was closed in 1944 and occupied by the Russian Army. In 1960 it became a school for handicapped children. Then the winter Nicholas church was used as a dance hall and the summer church a canteen and later a grocery warehouse. The monastery was reactivated in 1994.