St. Nicholas the Wonderworker Church—Manastirea Hirova

Nicolaeuca Moldova

Eastern Orthodox

The women's monastery was closed by the Communists in 1959 and the summer St. Nicholas Church used for coal storage and later as a granary. The icons were taken to St. Nicholas Church in Orhei. Founded in 1805, it was once one of the richest Moldavian monasteries, now it is the poorest.