[Minoritenkirche St. Nikolaus]— Christuskirche

Andernach Germany

[Roman Catholic]

The monastery church was built from 1350-1450, as one of the Franciscan Minoritenkloster churches related to Cologne. The church was destroyed in 1633 and rebuilt in 1709. It is one of the largest and best preserved churches in the Middle Rhine region. In the 1802 secularization the monastery was disolved and the buildings used as barracks, depot and stables. In 1854 the church became the Protestant Evangelical Church of Christ. The statues in house shrines reveal a continuing devotion to St. Nicholas.