The church was built in 1849, close to the sea. The church burned down in 1994, saving only a wooden cross and an icon of St. Nicholas. Local residents restored it. There is the Garden of Eden in front of the church. Manna of St Nicholas was given to the church by the Basilica di San Nicola, Bari, Italy, in 2014.