The church was built from 1913-1915. The church was declared an architectural monument in 1929 and transformed into a concert hall. Since 1988 it has been used as a concert hall for organ and chamber music, with services held in the crypt. The name "Bryansk" comes from the metallurgical workers' settlement that belonged to the Bryansk joint-stock company that was once here. A rocket attack in the Russian invasion, 2022, damaged the exterior and windows.