Katholikon of St. Nicholas—Monastery of Saint Nicholas

Amarynthos (Ano Vatheia) Greece

Greek Orthodox

The monastery was founded in 1455 and the Katholikon built from 1460 to 1463. The wallpaintings are from the 15th century. Monastery life seems to have ended during the Turkish occupation in the 1700s. It was reopened as a women's monastery in 1963. The Katholikon has many relics, including St. Nicholas.