Danbury, Connecticut USA
Byzantine Catholic (Melkite Greek)
A small group of Eastern European immigrants settled in the Danbury area and began to form a parish. They purchased the First Church of the Nazarene in 1925. The building was remodeled in the 1960s and 70s, but still was deemed inadequate by the 1990s. A new wood and stone church was dedicated in 1996. Fire destroyed the church June 29, 2013. The church building couldn’t be salvaged and was rebuilt. The new building was dedicated in August 2015.