Kirche Hl. Nikolaus und Hl. Dreifaltigkeit—Church of St. Nicholas & the Holy Trinity

Stammersdorf / Vienna Austria

Roman Catholic

The church dates from at least the 14th century, though some Romanesque parts are from the 12th century. At the time Stammersdorf was a farming area with just two stone buildings: the church and a small castle. Outside the walls of Vienna and across the Danube, the church lacked protection and was badly damaged repeatedly during wars. It is not primarily Baroque when renovated in 1868.