The Cathedral, the most prominent landmark in the capital city, is on Senate Square. The Government House, the University of Helsinki, and the oldest building, the Sederholm Residende, are on the square's other sides. The Cathedral, designed by the Tsar's favorite architect Carl Ludwig Engel, was consecrated in 1852. The four smaller domes were added later. AFter Finland's independence it became known as "Suurkirkko" (Great Church). An ecumenical service is held each December 6th.