Saint-Nicolas-de-Port, Grand Est France
Shortly after Nicholas' relics were taken to Bari, Italy, (1087), a significant bone was brought to Port, which became an important place of pilgrimage. By 1120 Saint Nicolas was the patron saint of Lorraine. Begun in 1481, the church towers were finished around 1560. Bombed in 1940, it was made a Basilica when reopened in 1950. Both Winter Saint-Nicolas (6th December) and Summer Saint-Nicolas (Whitmonday) festivals feature processions and the imposition of manna.