The church was built in 1895 on the main village square. The church was closed in 1915 and the priest forced to join the Russian army as a chaplain. A new priest came in 1923; the church was closed again in 1939. Registered as a parish in 1947 it closed again in 1954. The church has been repaired in 1949, 1957, and 1978. It belongs to the Vlevios parish and services are held only during major Orthodox festivals.