Velikoretskoye, Kirov Oblast Russia
The monastery was founded or rebuilt in 2004. It is near the place on the Viatka River where the Wonder-working Icon of St. Nicholas was found in 1383. It was built to accommodate the largest and longest Orthodox pilgrimage, the Velikoretskaya procession. The complex contains the St. Nicholas Cathedral, the gatehouse with the Church of Elijah, the Church of the Transfiguration, a hotel, shopping mall and the wooden chapel on the site of the icon's appearance. In 2012 35,000 pilgrims took part in the 90 mile pilgrimage. Restoration of the church was finished in 2016.