Condrita / Kondritsa
near Chisinau Moldova
Moldovan OrthodoxThe monasteryk is believed to have been founded around 1783. The St. Nicholas Church, the winter church, was probably built sometime before 1920, when the bell tower was added. The monastery was closed in 1947 and used as a forestry school ukntil 1960. It then served as a holiday camp until 1993. The church was abandoned and nearly hidden in thick trees. Though scheduled for demolition, it survived in a ruined state. The monastery was reestablished in 1993, the trees have been cleared and the church is being repaired.