A chapel was here in 1575. It was opposite the Cathedral and had views of St. Paul's Bay. Later the chapel was given to the Jesuits, who erected a statue of St. Nicholas in 1613. It isn't known if the chapel fell from use when the Jesuits were expelled from Malta in 1768 or at another time. The statue, all that remains of the chapel, is a listed Heritage object in Malta.