Kosciól sw. Mikolaja

Gniew Poland

Roman Catholic

The church was built in the mid-14th century. It became Protestant in 1557, returning to Catholics in 1596. The upper tower and nave vault suffered damage around 1700, leading to rebuilding and restoration. Several more major and minor renovations were carried out. Artillery destroyed the tower , walls and all the windows in 1945. Renovation still continues.