Stadtpfarrkirche Sankt Nikolaus

Bärnau Germany

Roman Catholic

Church Website

The parish was assumed to have begun by 1343 and, being on a trade route, was dedicated to St Nicholas as the patron saint of merchants and travelers. A new, larger church was built in 1733. After several large fires, the church reached its present form in 1872. It was comprehensively renovated from 1978-80; the roof restored in 1999.