Berlin - Friedrichshain - Kreuzberg Germany
The chapel is somewhat hidden, as it opens off an inner courtyard, so one must go through the building to get to the courtyard. After damage in World War II, a small inconspicuous two-story house was built on the foundation of the old St. Nicholas Church. The present chapel is in the basement of a side wing. It was originally built in 1898 for the Sisters of St. Elisabeth. After the war St. Nikolaus was the center of the Catholic student community "Maria sedes sapientiae." The Catholic Parish of St Nicholas—Brot des Lebens (Bread of Life)—has been based here since 2004, with regular worship and Benediction. St. Nikolaus and St. Pius parishes merged with St. Antonius.