Kostel sv. Mikuláše

Dolni Jiretin Czech Republic

[Roman Catholic]

The Gothic church was originally built from 1718 to 1724. It was closed in 1893 because of mining activity and demolished in 1897. A new church was built in 1899 and it was also affected by mining subsidence in 1924 and closed in 1934. After being secured, the church was reopened in 1939. It was razed in 1985. The village itself was demolished from 1980 to 1983 to provide a buffer zone for chemical plants and mining processing.