Dominikanerkirche St. Nikolaus

Friesach Austria

Roman Catholic

The oldest Dominican monastery in the German-speaking world was founded here in 1217 and located in the present place in 1255. The church is the largest iin Carinthia, 74 meters long, and was built from 1255 -68. It has been enlarged and restored over the years. The Gothic high altar was created in the late 1880s, with St. Nicholas in the high central niche.

More photos