Biserica Sf. Nicolae

Putinesti Moldova

Moldovan Orthodox

The church was built in 1828. It was closed from 1944-46. The church was ransacked and the interior destroyed during the campaign of desecration and destruction of holy places in 1962. It was then used as a warehouse. The church was restored from 1988-90. Three of the original large icons were preserved by some local Christians and returned to the restored church.