Savoca (Messina), Sicily Italy
The church was built in the 13th century and originally decorated with Byzantine frescoes from that time. Major restorations took place at the end of the 15th century and the early 18th. Damaged by the 1908 earthquake, further restoration took place. The last restoration was in 1981. The churchyard was the site of some scenes for "The Godfather." The church is noted for a silver statue of Santa Lucia from 1666.