York, Yorkshire England UK
Church of England (Anglican)
The church dates from the 11th century, taking its present form in the late 1300s. By the end of the Middle Ages the south choir aisle was known as the 'choir of St Nicholas and St Katherine.' Documentation shows the Altar of St Nicholas used as a chantry in 1410. The altar is made of panels of 17th century carving. The church is York's most famous parish church, noted for its 15th century medieval glass.