Monkton, Pembrokeshire Wales UK
Church in Wales (Anglican)
The ancient church was originally within the castle of Pembroke and given to the Norman abbey of St Martin (Sayes) in 1098. The north nave wall, with buttresses, is from the ancient church. After the dissolution of the monasteries the church deteriorated, with only the nave in use for the parish; the choir and sancturary lost and windows blocked up. In the late 1800s it was restored and enlarged. The church belongs to the Monkton Rectorial Benefice, with ten other churches.