Parish Church of St. Nicholas

Townhill, Swansea, Glamorgan Wales UK

Church in Wales (Anglican)

St Nicholas Church in Townhill began as a mission church to adjacent St. Jude's parish. St Nicholas became an independent parish in 1937. The present building was constructed using compensation aid for Holy Trinity Church that was destroyed in the 1941 Swansea blitz.

An earlier St Nicholas church had been built by the docks in 1886 to serve as a seafarer's mission. It closed in the 1920s, though the building still stands.