Saint Nicholas Church

Brasov Romania

Romanian Orthodox

The church, the oldest Orthodox churches in Transylvania, was built of wood in 1392 and replaced by stone in 1495. Like other medieval churches, it is surrounded by walls with large wooden gates. Inside the enclosure is a small cemetery and three exhibitions: the first Romanian-language school (1495), the Library, and Archives of the Church.