Parroquia de San Nicolas de la Villa

Cordoba Spain

Roman Catholic

King Ferdinand III built the church on remains of an old mosque following the Reconquista in 1236. It was named "de la Villa" to differentiate it from the Iglesia San Nicolas in Ajerqui. Renovations have added the minaret-tower and a baptismal chapel. The tower is frequently used as a symbol for Cordoba.