St Nicholas Church

Hollym, Yorkshire England UK

Church of England (Anglican)

The first church on the site was a chapel of ease dedicated to St Catherine, later changed to St Nicholas. A license was granted to the villagers in 1409 to hold divine service and funerals. This building is the third, rebuilt in 1814. For 200 years rent from a field provided for church upkeep (it has now been sold for a Rugby Club). Services are held each week with Holy Communion at 8:30 on the 2nd and 4th Sundays, and at 6:30 on the 1st. Evensong is the 3rd Sunday also at 6:30.

The distinctive brickwork is similar to the nearby St Nicholas, Holmpton.