Withernsea, Yorkshire England UK
[Church of England (Anglican)]
The church was built in 1448, after the sea had destroyed the old village of Withernsea and its St Mary's church. The chancel was in decay by 1575 and a 1609 storm ripped off the roof and the church fell into ruin. After 200 years in ruin, restoration began after the Owthorn church fell into the sea. Restoration was completed in 1859. It was listed as a Grade II building in 1987 and the tower restored in 2000. Worship continued until 2013 and the church closed in 2014. Maintenance costs could not be met and the congregation joined the Church of St Mathews. The church was listed for sale in 2017.