Church of St. Nicholas

Birchcliff, Toronto, Ontario Canada

Anglican Church of Canada

Church Website

Established as a Mission Church in 1912 to provide a parish for the Birch Cliff community, it was named for St. Nicholas Parish, Gloucester, the founding priest’s home parish. Fire destroyed the church in 1916; the stone baptismal font and a piano were all that was saved. Later an arsonist’s fire damaged the church again. The building was finally completed as originally designed in 1953.